Director Malvarose was born and raised in Santa Maria and graduated from Santa Maria High and Allan Hancock College Hancock Junior College. He served in the US Army for 25 years first as an Army Ranger then as an AH64D Apache helicopter pilot before retiring as a Chief Warrant Officer Four. His awards and decorations include the Combat Infantryman’s Badge, The Master Army Aviator Badge, Master Parachutist with Combat Jump Device, The Legion of Merit, three Bronze Stars, two Purple Hearts and 40 other awards and decorations. He has made his home in Nipomo and is married to the former Diane Bolding. Together they have six children.
Director Malvarose has also been involved with the following organizations:
- Past President of the Nipomo Chamber of Commerce
- Vice-Chair of the South County Advisory Council
- Chairman of the South County Land Use Committee
- Board of Directors for the Five Cities Homeless Coalition
- President of the Olde Towne Nipomo Association
- Commanding Officer for the South County Veterans of Foreign Wars