For your convenience, there are a variety of ways to pay your water and sewer bill:
- On-Line Payments – Discover®, Visa® and Master Card® credit and debit cards and e checks are accepted. Convenience Fees apply, see below. To make a payment, CLICK HERE. If you do not wish to set up a log in and password with Official Payments, you may select “Continue as a Guest” at the appropriate prompt. Please be advised Official Payments is the official electronic payment site for NCSD. The secure way to access the payment site is through the direct link here.
- Phone payments through “Official Payments” – Convenience Fees apply, see below. To make a payment, have your NCSD account number and payment amount ready.
- Dial 1-800-487-4567
- Press ‘1’ for English, ‘2’ for Spanish.
- Press ‘4’ for inquiry regarding state or local payments, and hold for the next available agent. This will get you to a live person.
- Advise agent you would like to make a payment. They may ask for the District’s Jurisdiction Code (J-Code) which is 7225.
- Make note of your confirmation number. THIS IS YOUR RECEIPT. Please keep it safe.
- Mail payment in the return envelope with bill or send to Nipomo Community Services District, P.O. Box 326, Nipomo, CA 93444-0326. Payments are due in the NCSD Office by the 5th of the Month. Postmarks are not accepted.
- Place your payment in the drop box located in the parking lot of the NCSD Office, 148 South Wilson Street, Nipomo, CA.
Please be advised Official Payments is the official electronic payment site for NCSD. The secure way to access the payment site is through the direct link here.
Convenience Fees (Official Payments)
Official Payments, the service provider, charges the customer a convenience fee for payment processing of $3.95 per transaction. The maximum credit or debit card transaction amount is $400.00 with unlimited transaction capability. For example, if a customer’s bill is $800, they can make 2 transactions to pay their entire bill and 2 convenience fees will be charged. Alternatively, you may choose to pay using an e-check; there is no maximum transaction amount.
Due to COVID-19, from March 18, 2020 until rescinded, this convenience fee will be credited to a customer’s account on the following billing cycle upon written request by the customer. See below to request a convenience fee credit.
How to request a credit
Please email Billing, using the Contact Us link located here. Your request must have your name, NCSD account number, property address, and confirmation number. You will see a credit of $3.95 on your next utility bill.